Sunday, January 3, 2010

Being Together and Getting to Know Each Other.

This is our third baby and our tradition had been that my husband stays at the hospital with me as I recover from my C-section and he takes care of me and baby. Although the nurses are around there are missed meals, medicines schedules, a many visits from various doctors daily starting at around 5 or 6 in the morning and continue all day. Hubby has changed the diapers and helped keep up with the details of taking care of forms, birth certificate information, picture scheduling and the list goes on and on. He is my right hand guy while I'm in the hospital getting my energy up and healing from major abdominal surgery.

We planned that this birth he would also be there in the hospital with us. My parents took the two boys back to our house and Allan held his daughter and we chatted about the crazy morning and excitement we were both feeling. We soon got a phone call from my parents that my 8 year old had a sore throat and a sudden spiked fever. Allan decided to trade out with my parents and went home to care for the boys leaving me to rest and baby in the nursery.

He did not return for the rest of our stay. The boys and my hubby came down with Swine Flu. That is an 8 year old and a 2 year old he took care of while he also suffered through it as well.

As the days went by I was in the hospital taking care of our newborn baby and myself from 5 or 6 o'clock every day from Tuesday till Saturday. If it weren't for my cousin again I would have never made it. I was so broken hearted about my family and missed my husband and worried over my infant and felt sorry for myself every moment of the day. Not a happy time but yet it was a very happy time...ok just a stressful time for all.

Our insurance allowed me to stay one more day to recover in the hospital and the staff just allowed me to rest. The baby's doctors reported to us that because it was the Swine Flu, I didn't have immunity to it so neither did the baby. They warned us about the dangers of going home to the high fever right after I had surgery and the baby had no immunity. We planned to go to my parents house so I could get help and recover there. The day of discharge my parents got what they assumed was Swine Flu also.

The new plan was for me to go home and bypass everyone with the baby and hide out in the nursery until everyone got well from the fever and sickness. So with that plan Baby and I headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment