Monday, June 1, 2009

In One Ear and Out the Mouth

So I'm in the garden playing with my sons and I find my angel needs a little repair from the winter. 
I remove the roly polys and snails and turn the angel up right on the bench.  
My youngest son, who is very new to talking, points at the broken wing and then to the hole where it once rested. I say, "That's right honey, the wing is broken.  I need to glue it back on. 
He studies the statue and then touches it's feet while looking up at me with a bright smile and says, "tickle, tickle, tickle".  In these past 22 months with him, I've never known how much he understands .  But now I know that, Tickle tickle tickle, has made it's way into his brain waves. 

He makes a momma proud.  Next week we will begin Latin verbs and Geography.

No comments:

Post a Comment