Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dog Days of Summer

The Dog Days of summer have arrived in full force.

We adopted Jingles when my oldest was 3 years old. At the time, we were living in New England. I really wanted a hound dog of some sort to remind me of my Southern roots. I was looking for the Hound breed because it is known for its lazy howling and funny yelping that would just ooze of loyal companionship and could out sniff and out track any dog on any trail.

We arrived at the first vet's office to view their message board and there hung a picture of the sweetest Beagle I had ever seen. I made phone call to the recuse group
"You're Hounding Me"
they directed me to the foster pet care parent.

It was love at first sight between my 3 year old and Jingles.
A few days passed and my sweet darling Pre-schooler announces that He loves my husband and I very much, but he REALLY loved Jingles!
That warmed my heart and I knew right then that I had picked the best dog for our family/son.

The two of them are strong buddies. My son even wants to be a Veterinarian because of the love that has grown between these two.

I am forever thankful for Jingles.

Jingles getting a check up from the neck up.
Those are cotton balls on top of Jingles' head.
Good bill of health from the future doctor.

2 comments:

  1. My babysitter's son had the cutest Beagle puppy named Belle. Unfortunately she was a runner and a chaser of cars. Dogs do such wonders for our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Belle Beagle that is a great name for a sister for Jingles. I am so sorry to hear about her life's ending. Dogs are so wonderful and are missed dearly when they are gone.

    ReplyDelete