Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sand with Holes in them

Please explain to me why we humans have the need to dig our way to China when we visit the beach.

I have see these holes at every beach I've visited. Sand holes can be found in Connecticut, the Jersey Shore, Hawaii, The Bahamas, Mexico, California, South Florida and at neighborhood lakes. It is not just a summer time activity either this happens at random times of the day and year. It is also not limited to just the young children, I have seen adults, teens and the elderly dig and dig and dig.

My oldest child likes to dig and then sit in his creation, like a fox hole or a nest. This one was wider and named "the crater" by our family.

The next question I have for you is, have you ever been walking in the evening or at night and come across one of these giant holes? What a moment that is. My heart always jumps at the site...what if I was not paying attention? I would have walked right into this thing...ahhhhhhhhhhhh...

Well, I have to admit I dug and dug in the sand as a child. It is fun and it's cheap entertainment and a great way to spend the day.

Are you a digger?


No comments:

Post a Comment