Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 4th America's Holiday

There is just no other holiday like July 4th in America. Everywhere I have been in this country to celebrate this day there has been friends, flags, fireworks and food.

My family loves to join the many others that flock to where there is live music playing and spread out a picnic dinner and wait for the fireworks to begin. I especially love when the music is in sync with the fireworks and "the bombs bursting in air..." has an impact with each pulse of the importance to the near ending of The Star Spangled Banner.

(sing it with me now...oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave.....for the land of the freeeeee and the home of that brave......) I love that! Then on the 4th we add the fireworks and I am almost in tears from patriotism, sigh, anyway.

This year we went to meet up with our family at their home near the beach and enjoyed our favorites; live symphonic music, food including a fresh cold watermelon, fireworks over the water and flags for the children to wave and learn to respect.

I'm proud of what our founding fathers stood for and how they died for our freedom. But who would have thought that we would come to a point in society that saying

"God Bless the USA" would actually become a political statement?

Political or not I am thankful for the blessings and I hope He will continue to bless the USA!





No comments:

Post a Comment