Anytime is a good time to get your child ready for the SCHOOL-ADE advantage. Here is a Dr. Sears family recipe for a smoothie we give our children and ourselves for a quick and nutritious breakfast as they are hurrying off to school and we are rushing off to work.*
- 3 cups milk or soy beverage
- 11/2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1-2 servings Juice Plus+® Complete or similar multinutrient supplement
- one banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup each of your favorite fruit, frozen (e.g., organic strawberries, papaya, mango)
- 2 tbsp. flax oil or 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 4 ounces tofu
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter (optional)
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 avocado
There are many tasty and healthy recipes included in The Family Nutrition Book.
Click here to learn more.