Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to School

Just who came up with the idea that at age 6 children should be forced to go to school? I just think that those people are crazy people....crazy I say!

This year marks 6 years of my child being at a school. We started him when he was 2, for some strange reason, and now he is going to be a 3rd grader, and it's just wrong.

Ok, so I get this way every year. I miss him before the month of July is flipped to on the calender. Sigh... I have always wanted the best for him and we paid tuition when he was 2 so he could go to an incredible Montessori school.

This week school starts and will continue until May. Such a long time to be away from my sweet kid... and for him to be away from his momma!

I have to get used to the live capture and release programs for moms. sigh.

He, on the other hand, is so excited that when he found his desk he also had his school supplies that we purchased from the school last year so they were all waiting in his desk for him. He spent a few minutes organizing his supplies. He spent more time sharpening his pencils...he is set for the new year, let me tell you! sigh....

He and I were leaving the school and he said that he knows this is going to be a great year... sigh....

letting go...who said that is a good thing? Hugging and not letting go feels better. :) sigh....

The boy loves to learn and school fits his need perfectly. sigh... sniff... he's all grown up...


No comments:

Post a Comment